Our cooks are lead chefs in the making. They possess deep knowledge of food preparation activities, ingredients and food combinations and use this knowledge to assist the chef in preparing exceptional meals. The main duty of an assistant chef is to make sure that all ingredients are available for the chef so that he can cook without any hindrances or delays. The culinary world depends highly on customer satisfaction so it is important to do everything on time and assistant chefs make sure it does. Another part of their work is to make sure that order plates are aesthetically arranged and that the portions are accurate.
To work at this position, one has to possess exceptional culinary insight. Knowledge of standard food preparation and storage techniques are considered a plus point and the ability to work in a high volume environment is a plus point. This position also requires teamwork and no one that requires hero worship (it wont happen). Must also be capable of helping with large banquets and be into details. No good plate goes out without becoming great. Must also have a Food Handler's Permit and would prefer someone who has completed the CTA Course for Lake Havasu.
Assistant Chef Duties and Responsibilities
• Refer to list of needed ingredients on a day-to-day basis and check inventory
• Acquire ingredients not available in storage prior to the start of the day
• Inform kitchen staff of their schedules and delegate appropriate duties
• Prepare ingredients by chopping vegetables and meats
• Assist head chef in cooking dishes according to set recipes
• Monitor food budgets and make sure that all supplies are bought within the set budget
• Make arrangements to store food items in a safe and orderly manner
• Rotate frozen food items as standardized in the kitchen rule book
• Hand ingredients and utensils to head chef during food preparation activities
• Maintain kitchen order by ensuring cleanliness of tables, counters and work areas
• Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen equipment and utensils
• Operate kitchen equipment such as ovens and grills for cooking purposes
• Maintain knowledge of all recipes so that the head chef’s place can be filled in effectively in case of absenteeism
• Set prepared dishes so that they look aesthetically pleasing
• Make-certain that appropriate portions have been dished out
• Deal with customers’ complaints and / or suggestions
Martini Bay is a part of the London Bridge Resort Family. London Bridge Resort is Lake Havasu’s premier all-suite, waterfront resort. Located in the heart of Lake Havasu City, AZ, guests enjoy one and two-bedroom suites with a number of amenities including Splash Pool and Waterslide, and fitness center – offering a variety of options for every guest. Guests can experience three unique dining options – Martini Bay, Splash Grill and Kokomo – all providing different atmospheres and menus. For more information or to book your stay, call 928.855.0888 or visit: http://www.londonbridgeresort.com/.